..WHERE YOUR WELL-BEING IS OUR INSPIRATION
Guests of the Kenmare Bay Hotel are encouraged to enjoy the extensive facilities available to energise and soothe both body and mind.
A full range of facilities includes:
- 18.5m Swimming Pool
- Children's pool
- Steam room & Sauna
- Fully equipped gym & weights room
- Facilities for people with disabilities
We offer a selection of gift vouchers, as well as discounted rates on all new and renewed memberships.
Children's Hours: 9am-7pm
Bay Health Club Services
The Bay Health Club Swim Academy follows Swim Ireland's "Learn to Swim" national programme. This specially designed professional swim programme sets national standards for children's swimming.
- Level 1: Afraid of water, cannot swim, or will not get face wet. In armbands
- Level 2: Enjoys water, gets face wet, jumps in, but cannot swim without support or woggles.
- Level 3: Not afraid, can float, can jump in and return to surface without aids.
- Level 4: Can swim under water or on surface for 5 meters, can get occasional breath without aids.
- Level 5: Can swim 10 meters and almost put breath and strokes together without aids.
- Level 6: Can swim 1 length at a time, good idea of technique. Stamina improving.
- Level 7: Can swim 2+ lengths showing good consistent technique and timing ALL STROKES. Ready to try out for Swim Club.
Membership includes unlimited use of the leisure facilities 7 days. Children under the age of 2 years are complimentary.
Gym & Pool (Annual Membership)
Gymnasium Only OR Pool Only (Annual Membership)
Student Rates (12 years +)
Valid Student ID must be presented upon purchase.
We regret that persons under the age of 16 are strictly prohibited from using the gymnasium.
|Gym Only or Pool Only
|Gym & Pool
Children's Rates (2-12 Years Old)
Must be purchased with adult membership.
Children's Hours: 9am to 7pm
Children's Hours: 9am-7pm
For enquiries please contact
Take the stress away of party planning! Book in your little swimmer for a birthday party which includes a 1-hour swim, hot food and use of our secure playground.
€12.50 per child and birthday child is FREE (minimum of 8 children per party / Sundays Only).For further information contact The Bay Health Club at Tel: +353 (0)64 6679399 or email:
Policies & Terms
- STICTLY NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE PREMISES - Any photograph taken where personal privacy is generally acknowledged, may result in suspension.
- Children must be supervised AT ALL TIMES by a responsible adult and MUST never be left unattended on the premises
- There are times where there is no lifeguard on duty in the pool area, and therefore you must take full responsibility for the safety of the children in your care.
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult (18yrs +) in the water.
- Children under the age of 12 years old must be supervised by an adult (18yrs+) on the poolside.
- Persons under the age 16 are prohibited from using the gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi
- Use of the gym is strictly for guests over the age of 16 years. We will ask anyone using it as a day pass for ID. Any young adult signing up to join must show ID
- Management reserve the right to refuse admission in the interest of safety, at peak times or should the need arise.
- There is a supplement of €4.50, if you wish to use the other facility you are not a member of
- All visitors to the facility must sign in at the reception register. You cannot use the facilities without first signing in.
- Anyone 16 and over using the gym, do so at their own risk. Signing in on the register is taken as a declaration you are in good health and able to use the machines correctly.
- Appropriate gym clothing and running shoes must be worn for whichever activity you are participating in. Failure to do so is a violation of our policy. Management reserve the right to determine what clothing is appropriate and may result in the denial of access to the facility until the member complies.
- Lockers are only for use while in the facility. Lockers are cleared out every night.
- Users will be held financially responsible for any damages caused.
- CCTV is in operation
Health & Hygiene
- Swim nappies must be used by non potty trained children
- Swim socks, plasters etc. must be used to cover any contagious skin infections.
- We ask that you ensure social distancing and use sanitation stations and products provided.
- To obtain Health club membership an official application form must be completed and returned to the Health Club reception, along with payment in respect of the relevant membership fee
- Club management has the right to refuse membership, terminate membership from the club at any time, or refuse renewal of membership if terms and conditions are abused in any way
- Membership is effective from date of acceptance. Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable
- All members are required to fill in a screening form
- All members are advised to seek medical advice before embarking on a fitness program at the club
- The correct attire and footwear must be worn in the gymnasium and pool area at all times
- Persons suspected to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substances would be refused admission to the club
- Smoking and pets are strictly prohibited in all parts of the club
- Any member wishing to discontinue their membership should notify the manager in writing
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission, to change the facilities available to members, change opening hours, or close the facility at any time, in the interest of safety or should the need arise
- Additional rules and regulations, which are necessary for the more efficient running of the club, can be introduced at the discretion of the management at any time
- Persons using the facilities are doing so at their own risk. You are not permitted to use any equipment in the gymnasium, sauna, steam room or Jacuzzi without first discussing their use with a qualified member of staff
- Members are requested to provide their own towels while using the club, or they can hire one from reception at a cost of (€1.00) each while using the Health Club. Also bathing caps must be worn in the pool, and these are available to buy at a cost of €2.00 each (cloth) and €9.50 for (Silicone) hats. These items must be paid for. Lending out of these items is not permitted, due to hygiene reasons
- On joining, Members will be issued a membership key ring, which at all times remains the property of the Health Club. Members must produce membership key rings on arrival
- Lockers are for daily use only; a €2 refundable coin is required to operate them
- Management will not take responsibility for personal belongings that are lost or stolen in the club
- Members may freeze membership for a fee of €10 per month. Membership date is extended by the timeframe you have paid for
- Last entry into our facilities is 30 mins prior to closing time. The pool/gym must be cleared 15 mins prior to closing time. You must vacate the building by closing time
- There are additional Terms & Conditions available on display & at reception on request.
- Children under the age of 8 years must be supervised by an adult while in the water
- Persons under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) while using the facilities
- Persons under the age of 16 are prohibited from using the gymnasium. Persons under the age of 16 are prohibited from using the Sauna, Steam room, and Jacuzzi
- Adult members are entitled to bring along guests with them at a cost of €8.50 per adult and €4.50 per child. Golden years and youths over 12 are €6.50
Our Fitness Classes run during school term time and are complimentary for Residents and Members. Classes must be pre-booked in person at The Bay Health Club Reception, Ext. 126 or 064 6679399. Subject to capacity.
Please note timetable is subject to change. Prior notice will be given.