Kenmare Bay Hotel is a homely establishment located just minutes from Kenmare town. It is both the hotel’s location and wide range of accommodation options that make it the perfect option for hen or stag groups.
We at HenorStag.com can make this assertion due to the fact that when staying here, three great accommodation options are open to groups. The first is the twin and group rooms available in the hotel. These rooms are neatly decorated, with large windows which wash the rooms in light. As well as this, all rooms are en suite, and contain amazing amenities like WiFI, LCD TVs and tea and coffee making facilities.
Another accommodation option is the on-site self-catering lodges. These luxury lodges sleep up to 5 people, with lavish furnishings and open living areas. What’s more, each lodge comes complete with a fitted kitchen and all the trimmings available in the hotel rooms, making them a cost effective option to consider.
Lastly, Holiday homes are also on offer here. These 4* options are ideal for larger groups, as they can comfortably sleep up to seven people. What’s more, they are equipped with three bathrooms, 3 bedrooms and open plan kitchen and dining areas.
Aside from the accommodation, there are a wealth of other reasons to stay at Kenmare Bay Hotel. The first is The Bay Restaurant, held in high regard for its delicious and locally sourced Fish and Lamb, as well as some scrumptious homemade desserts. The Courtyard Bar is other great reason to stay, as alongside offering tasty bar food like chargrilled beef burgers and seafood chowder, it is a comfortable retreat for a glass of wine or a pint of beer in the evening.
That’s not all, as guests staying at the hotel or in the self catering lodges or holiday homes are granted access to the on-site Bay Leisure Centre. Here, you and your friends can enjoy a relaxing soak in the jacuzzi, get thoroughly steamed in the steam room and sauna, or go for a swim in the 18.5m swimming pool.
With all these places to stay and perks to enjoy, it’s no wonder that the hotel is multi award winning. Whatever accommodation option you opt for when staying at Kenmare Bay Hotel, know that the town of Kenmare is just a 10 minute walk away.
The Area of Kenmare The scenic town of Kenmare is located at the head of Kenmare bay, with rivers and mountains helping this little nest in county Kerry boast stunning scenery. Known as the “walking mecca of Ireland”, walks along the Wild Atlantic Way are a huge tourist attraction, as Kenmare and the surrounding areas are among the most beautiful in Ireland.
Other perks to staying at the hotel is that guests are on the doorstep of exciting outdoor pursuits, such as;
- Eclipse Ireland, a great option for hens and stags due to boasting a range of team building exercises, including horse riding, assault courses and orienteering.
- Land and Water Activities at Star Outdoors, perfect for team building with Murder Mysteries, paintball, archery, kayaking and raft building.
- 18 Hole Coastal Golf Course at Kenmare Golf Club, a picturesque course nestled between Kenmare Bay and the surrounding mountains.
- Fishing in Kenmare Bay for bass, ray, pollock, tuna, cod, flounder and more.
- Walking treks along Kerry Way, the Beara Way & Killarney National Park.
In the town centre, you’ll find cozy restaurants and traditional pubs that will leave groups enamoured with this this charming corner of Ireland. These include;
- Mulcahy’s Bar and Restaurant – A great fine dining option, serving locally sourced produce in welcoming surroundings. Ranked among the 100 best restaurants in Ireland, the restaurant is also fit for private hire—making it great for hens and stags.
- 35 Restaurant – A relaxed atmosphere with exposed timber beams giving a rustic feel to the restaurant, using Kerry and Cork produce with an intimate back room which can be reserved for groups.
- PF McCarthy’s – This pub has a homely atmosphere due to the friendly staff and locals. It is also hosts terrific live entertainment with musicians and singers from Kenmare jamming together every week. They can also accommodate groups of any size, with great drinks, food and music to make for a great night out in the town.
- The Square Pint – Located in the main town square, the pub is a premier entertainment venue with music every night of the week. Great cocktails and Irish coffees are assured here, making it a worthy venue for groups.
So there you have, all the compelling reasons why hen and stag parties should choose Kenmare, and stay at Kenmare Bay Hotel!
If you enjoyed this blog and would like to read more, check out HenorStag.com